Magnificent Lion Sculpture Made From 4000 Pieces Of Hammered Metal. Pure Genius.
I’ve seen some amazing metal works in the past but this one stands out. I can’t believe the details that went into this thing.
Created over a period of 10 months, Turkish artist Selçuk Yılmaz used more than 4,000 pieces of metal scraps to create this magnificent sculpture called ‘Aslan’ (means Lion in Turkish).
Yılmaz 4,000 pieces of thin strand metal which is hammered, formed and welded together to create this single lion. The The final work measures 330 cm long by 185 cm tall (10.8 ft x 6.06 ft) and weighs roughly 250 Kgs.
“It needs patience and we have to know pain,” said the artist on DeviantArt.
Seriously, I can’t imagine the amount of time, effort, skill and resources he must have spent to create this masterpiece.
1) Selçuk Yılmaz deep in thought.
2) Selçuk Yılmaz with his sculpture ‘Aslan’.
3) Made of 4,000 fine metal scrap pieces hammered, formed and welded together to create this beauty.
4) Picture perfect!
5) Woah! Look at the detailing.
6) Aslan weighs roughly 250 Kgs.
7) A Coke can for size comparison/measurement.
8) The twist on the tail makes it look so real.
9) Measures 330 cm long by 185 cm tall (10.8 ft x 6.06 ft). That’s huge!
10) Fitted to perfection!
11) Mark on the floor completes it. 🙂